Stonewall Institute is licensed by The State of Arizona, Department of Behavioral Health Services as an approved DUI service agency under ARS 28-692 and a behavioral health service agency, outpatient clinic.
The goal of the alcohol screening is to assess the extent of a client’s current and past alcohol abuse and/or dependence. Individuals are screened through an in-depth personal interview by a qualified professional which includes, but is not limited to, an assessment of:
1) Client psychosocial history
2) Physical health problems related to alcohol and/or drug use
3) Previous history of arrests related to alcohol and/or drug use
4) Decrease in attendance/productivity at work or school due to alcohol and/or drug use
5) Prior history of drug or alcohol treatment
Once the screening is complete, recommendations are made for DUI Education Arizona and/or Treatment dependent upon the results of the screening. DUI Screenings are conducted by appointment Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. The screenings are approximately 1 hour in length.
Types of Alcohol Problems
* Relatively low levels of alcohol consumption may increase risk for motor vehicle crashes, medication interactions, fetal effects, strokes caused by bleeding, and certain cancers.
* Alcohol use disorders include alcohol dependence (known as alcoholism) and alcohol abuse.
* Alcohol abuse is characterized by clinically significant impairment or distress but does not entail physical dependence.
* Alcohol dependence (alcoholism) is characterized by 10 diagnostic criteria according to the DSM-IV. These criteria include: impaired control over drinking, tolerance, withdrawal syndrome when alcohol is removed, neglect of normal activities for drinking, and continued drinking despite recurrent related physical or psychological problems.
Contact us today at 602-535-6468 to schedule an alcohol screening Arizona.