Stonewall Institute provides complete drug screenings and alcohol screenings to court ordered DUI individuals via recommendation of the Arizona MVD / Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT), and any other person in need of a substance abuse evaluation. The goal of the alcohol screening tempe is to assess the extent of a client’s current and past alcohol abuse and/or dependence. Individuals are screened through an in-depth personal interview by a qualified professional which includes, but is not limited to, an assessment of:
1) Client psychosocial history
2) Physical health problems related to alcohol and/or drug use
3) Previous history of arrests related to alcohol and/or drug use
4) Decrease in attendance/productivity at work or school due to alcohol and/or drug use
5) Prior history of drug or alcohol treatment
Risk factors which you may not know about that can cause alcoholism are:
* Steady drinking over time. Drinking too much on a regular basis for an extended period can produce a physical dependence on alcohol.
* Age. People who begin drinking at an early age are at a higher risk of alcohol dependence or abuse.
* Sex. Men are more likely to become dependent on alcohol than are women. However, women are at greater risk of developing some medical complications linked to drinking, such as liver disease.
* Family history. The risk of alcoholism is higher for people who have a parent who abused alcohol.
* Depression and other mental health problems. It’s common for people with a mental health disorder such as anxiety or depression to abuse alcohol or other substances.
* Social and cultural factors. Having friends or a close partner who drinks regularly could increase your risk of alcoholism. The glamorous way that drinking is sometimes portrayed in the media may also send the message that it’s OK to drink excessively.